So you have decided to start a beach body workout routine. Whether it means shedding some pounds or getting the perfect shape, without the right exercise, it can be a daunting process.
With several conflicting information on the internet, it may seem like all is stacked against achieving that perfect beach body.
Wouldn’t it be great to take off that beach outer garment and feel stronger, slimmer, and more assertive than ever?
But do not fret! There are several beginner beach body workouts that will make the process exciting and fun.
Finding the right beach body workout
The next stage is finding the ideal workout. It is best to do exercises that concentrate on a large group of muscles. Why? Bigger muscles require more calories to exercise it. Also, if a powerful fat-burning cardio workout is added, the entire workout will help you burn fat massively.
- Jumping squats:
Jumping squats works several muscles in the upper body, core, and lower body. The exercise help tones the quadriceps, gluteals, and the abs.
How to do jumping squats
- In a standing position, put your feet apart.
- With your knees behind your toes, squat down
- Place your hands on the floor
- Push your feet backward and straighten your arms
- Flex your elbows in order to bring your chest close to the ground.
- Again, align your arms and jump forward to assume a squat form
- Push off your feet and jump very high with your arm extending upwards
- Land gently with knees – make sure your needs are bent slightly.
- Repeat the exercise for one minute.
- Mountain climber
A mountain climber is a beach exercise that helps build stamina, burn calories and strengthen the core.
How to do Mountain climber:
- With your hands below your shoulders and arms straight, assume a push-up position
- Walk forward, while bending your right knee below your chest
- Powerfully push into your legs, change your foot positions, bringing the left the position of your foot and stretch your right leg.
- Continue alternating for one minute.
- Toe-Touch Kick
The Toe-Touch Kick exercise works the upper and middle part of your abs muscles to give a strong and defined abdomen.
How to do Toe-Touch Kick:
- With your hands extending over your head and feet apart, stand upright. Twist your fingers.
- Take a forward kick using your right leg and put your hands down towards your toes.
- Do same with your left leg and alternate for one minute.
How to do shadowbox:
The shadow box is an excellent exercise that helps burn fat and strengthens your muscles.
- Start with your feet apart.
- Bend your elbow and make a fist and bring it to your face, while your elbows are close to your body.
- Switching arms, punch out and bend your elbows, and hit low
- Next, do hook punches and bend to the side.
- Keep the pace! Move your shoulders and head to and fro as if you are ducking punches.
- Make sure your knees are bent and push your weight forward and backward.
- Keep at it for one minute.
Push up help builds the core strength and upper body. It targets the chest, shoulders, abdominals, and triceps.
How to do Push-ups:
- Assume a push-up position on the floor with your arms extending father than your shoulders and feet together.
- Use your toes and hands to maintain balance while pushing your palms down. Your body will make a straight line from heads to heels.
- Curve your elbows and bring your chest close to the ground
- When it reaches 90 degrees, stop. Push upwards to the original position, and begin the next rep immediately. Repeat 12 times.
A squat is a complete body exercise that works the hips, thighs, quadriceps, and buttocks.
How to do squats:
- With your feet apart, stand with your toes pushing forward.
- Let your hand for a curved shape towards your shoulders.
- You can put weight on your heels and bend your knees slowly and move your hips back to assume a squat position.
- To balance the weight on your heels, push your chest forward.
- Repeat 12 times.
V-UP is a complete beach body workout that works abs, your core, and back, and flexibility.
How to do V-UP:
- Lie down with your back touching the ground and your arms stretched overhead, your heels resting on the wall, and feet flexed.
- Make certain that your legs are at an angle of 45-degrees to the ground.
- Engage your abdomen, Push your chin near your chest, and extend your arms and start curling up.
- Push towards your toes.
- Uncurl slowly and return to the original position.
- Do twelve reps.
- Triceps Dip
Triceps dip is an exercise that helps tone the arms by working triceps and front shoulders.
How to do Triceps Dip:
- Sit at the end of a chair and extend your legs.
- With each hand, hold the edge firmly. Push your butt forward and away from the bench, bending your knees slightly.
- Flex your elbows and bring your butt close to the ground
- Straighten your elbows and come back up.
- Do twelve reps.
- Cobra Hold
The Cobra hold helps to strengthen the lower back and stretches the abdominal muscles. It also works the shoulder and arm muscles.
How to do Cobra Hold:
- Lie with your face towards the ground and extend your legs
- Place your hands by your sides with your palms facing upwards.
- Keep your look forward and raise your shoulder and chest without making use of your hands or squeezing your lower body
- Turn your thumbs and bring your shoulder closer. Remain in that position for 60 seconds or more if you can.
The Plank is a great exercise that tone and flattens the stomach because it works all your core muscle.
How to do Plank:
- Lie with your face down, elbows curved directly under shoulders, and extend your legs.
- Grasp your hands, ensuring your elbows shoulder-width apart and feet are hip-width apart.
- Engage your abdomen and fold your toes to raise your body. Make sure your forearm is still on the ground.
- Remain in that position for 60 seconds or more (if you can)
There you have it! Remember that you won’t achieve that perfect beach body overnight. It takes time, dedication and hard work! Good luck!